[kepler-dev] Prototyping Workflows

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri May 4 09:52:04 PDT 2007

Hi Glen,
We did have such a prototyping actor in Kepler at one time that
generated Java stub code. It got dropped (for various reasons I cannot
remember!). However, a complex workflow can easily be prototyped using
the Composite actor. Just drag as many Composites as needed to the
canvas, add input/output ports, change the Composites names to
appropriate values. Each Composite can represent a high level logical
function in a workflow design. It doesn't need to do anything initially,
while later it can be opened and detailed subworkflows can be
constructed inside the composite (either with existing low level actors
or new ones.)

Dan Higgins
NCEAS

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195