[kepler-dev] A very thorny question..

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Mar 29 14:53:14 PDT 2007

Hi Glen,

    Thank you for your comments. I agree that all the examples in the
Getting Started Guide should work! I thought they did, at least for the
Kepler-beta3 installer version on Windows. [I put together the
installer.] I apparently made a mistake, because I see a problem with
the BrowserDisplay actor replacement as you mentioned even on a Windows
box with Beta3. However, the StatisticSummary example does work for me
on Windows and the Windows installer does include R (not the nightly
build, however). So it does apparently run for most Windows users (which
are the majority of our users.) We may well want to include R with Mac
and Linux versions in the eventual release. [The problem is the size of
the installation as we keep adding more code; we do consider R to be
very important and very useful.]

    What OS are you running? I have not seen your "File Error" message
on the Mac or Linux when R is installed. Can you provide me further
information on this?

Dan Higgins
NCEAS - UC Santa Barbara

---

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195