[kepler-dev] Kepler distribution for Solaris

Amanda Waite - SUN ISV-Engineering Amanda.Waite at Sun.COM
Wed Jun 27 11:20:07 PDT 2007

Hi there,

I was originally asked to look at how we could make Kepler available on
the Sun Grid at network.com and that's kind of morphed into, "what can
we do to help the Kepler community with enabling Kepler for the Grid
(Specifically Sun Grid Engine)", something that we are looking into. In
the meantime I've been asked if I could build Kepler on Solaris 10 and
make it available for people to download and install and run on Solaris
without having to make any changes to scripts, etc. This is fairly
straightforward as Kepler builds with no problems on Solaris 10 and the
workflow tests and examples all run to completion (with one exception
that I'm still looking into). I feel that the best place for hosting a
Solaris 10 distro would be on kepler-project.org and wanted to find out
if this is possible and what would need to be in place to make it
happen. An alternative option would be to make it available as a Soalris
package from blastwave.org, but | feel that its better if at all
possible, for someone wanting to run Kepler on Solaris to get it from
the community site. Let me know if this is something that would be of
interest to the community.

BTW: Are there any workflows that test the actors that call into native
code via JNI? I should be able to build the libraries on Solaris but I'd
then need to test them.

Kind Regards

Amanda
--