[kepler-dev] Problem fix when building Kepler via both Eclipse Ant + Eclipse Project

Tony O'Hagan tohagan at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Jun 6 18:36:08 PDT 2007

Derik,

I had similar build times prior to excluding the "build/" directory.
I agree that I may not have completely nailed this problem.
The slow builds seemed to go away and then later reoccur.

What I suspected was happening was that the ant build copied java source
code into the build folder.  This code would be recompiled by Eclipse unless
it was excluded.  I suspect that Eclipse may also be recopying other
resource files it found in this folder.

I now tend to just use ant (inside Eclipse) for building.  I figured that
this was the main approach used by the Kepler/Ptolemy teams.  However,
having a successful Eclipse project build is very useful for reverse
engineering source code using Eclipse features.

Tony.