[kepler-dev] Problem fix when building Kepler via both Eclipse Ant + Eclipse Project

Derik Barseghian barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Jun 6 17:14:18 PDT 2007

Hi Tony,

I'm also using Eclipse to build and work on Kepler, though am new to
both. I agree, the build time for Kepler is long! I've just tried
building before and then after following your instructions below, but
Eclipse took the same amount of time each time--a little over 14 minutes
(dual 3ghz machine). How much time did you save when excluding "build/"?
I have noticed that right after a build, any consecutive builds without
changes will occur nearly instantly...I suspect Eclipse isn't really
doing anything when it sees nothing has changed. Was this maybe what you
saw?

Derik