[kepler-dev] help with finding newly created actor

Unni Pillai unni.pillai at nyu.edu
Wed Jun 6 09:56:35 PDT 2007

Hello

I created a new actor following the examples on Kepler Tutorials.  I
was able to create and verify tutorial samples.

However I created a brand new actor called SRBMets and while firing
up kepler using ant run-dev I'm getting the following error

[java] com.microstar.xml.XmlException: reference to undeclared entity
(found "copy") in [external stream] at line 17 and column 11
      [java]     at ptolemy.moml.MoMLParser.error(MoMLParser.java:1006)
      [java]     at com.microstar.xml.XmlParser.error(XmlParser.java:
448)
      [java]     at com.microstar.xml.XmlParser.parseEntityRef
(XmlParser.java:1625)
      [java]     at com.microstar.xml.XmlParser.parseContent
(XmlParser.java:1061)
      [java] Unable to process kar file: /Users/unni/Documents/
projects/ndiipp-ptv/kepler/kar/actors/SRBMets.kar

Any ideas on how to debug this since I'm a relative newbie to
kepler.  I'm suspecting that my kepler/src/actors/SRBMets.xml file
probably has some subtle error

I'm providing the result of cat src/actors/README
asterix:~/Documents/projects/ndiipp-ptv/kepler unni$ cat src/actors/
README
The last known id for an actor is actor:519

The last known id for an kar is kar:519

Please update these ids if you add new actors to this directory so
the next person will know what the next ids to use are.

and some corresponding snippet from my SRBMets.xml
<entity name="SRBMets"
	class="ptolemy.kernel.ComponentEntity">
<property name="entityId"
	  value="urn:lsid:kepler-project.org:actor:520:1"
	  class="org.kepler.moml.NamedObjId"/>

And following other SRBActors examples I ended up cutting and pasting
the following
<property name="semanticType00"
	  value="urn:lsid:localhost:onto:1:1#SRBExternalInputActor"
	  class="org.kepler.sms.SemanticType"/>
<property name="semanticType11"
	  value="urn:lsid:localhost:onto:2:1#DatabaseInputFunction"
	  class="org.kepler.sms.SemanticType"/>
<property name="semanticType22"
	  value="urn:lsid:localhost:onto:2:1#DatabaseOutputFunction"
	  class="org.kepler.sms.SemanticType"/>

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Unni