[kepler-dev] Can you make a workflow into a new actor type?

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Jun 6 09:23:41 PDT 2007

HI Tony,

KSW and KAR are, in fact, the same thing.  The discrepancy in naming
came from an after-the-fact name change that hasn't been modified in the
code.

What you want to do is actually possible from the GUI of kepler.  If you
drag a CompositeActor out onto the canvas, then build whatever workflow
you want inside of that (rt. click on it and choose "open actor"), you
can then right click on the composite and either choose "Export to
Archive (KAR)" or "Save in Library".  The Export function will just
create a kar file with your new composite actor in it, which can then be
imported via the File/Import Archive menu item.  The "Save to Library"
function will put the new actor into the library automatically and allow
you to add or remove places in the actor tree where you want it to
appear.  You need to change the name of the actor before you this, or
you'll get an error that an actor with the name "CompositeActor" already
exists.

Jump on IRC (irc.ecoinformatics.org) if you need any help.

chad