[kepler-dev] Ptolemy compilation problem

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Jun 5 13:34:29 PDT 2007

Hello Christopher,

    We got a Ptolemy compilation error last night in the Kepler build.
The error message is below.
The problem is the use of 'Font.DIALOG' which turns out to be a field
added in Java 1.6.

    Is Ptolemy now using Java 1.6?  (We are using Java 1.5 in our
nightly build.)

Dan

----

    [javac] /var/kepler/kepler-nightly-build/ptII/build/src/ptolemy/actor/gr/RuleEditor.java:288: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : variable DIALOG
    [javac] location: class java.awt.Font
    [javac]         header.setFont(new Font(Font.DIALOG, Font.BOLD, 11));

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195