[kepler-dev] Unable to run Kepler from Eclipse

Edoardo Pignotti epignott at csd.abdn.ac.uk
Fri Feb 16 03:06:41 PST 2007

Hello,
Thank you for the support. I checked out kepler from the CVS again. All
the compilation errors are now solved but I am still not able to run it
from Eclipse.  I get the following error:

(gui.KeplerInitialization            103 ) Making directory
/home/ep-pgrid/.kepler/cache/
(gui.KeplerInitialization            103 ) Making directory
/home/ep-pgrid/.kepler/cache/cachedata/
(gui.KeplerInitialization            103 ) Making directory
/home/ep-pgrid/.kepler/cache/objects/
(gui.KeplerInitialization            103 ) Making directory
/home/ep-pgrid/.kepler/cache/RawData/
KAR Library directories: [/home/ep-pgrid/workspace/kepler/kar/actors,
/home/ep-pgrid/workspace/kepler/kar/directors]
(util.StaticResources                315 ) *** Attempting to get
ResourceBundle for SVG defaults ***
(util.StaticResources                351 ) *** svgRenderingMethod =
SVG_BATIK_RENDERING ***
The class name you entered was not found in the classpath.  Note that
the class you are trying to enter must be in the classpath from which
you launched this program: util.FileReader
The class name you entered was not found in the classpath.  Note that
the class you are trying to enter must be in the classpath from which
you launched this program: org.monash.griddles.JMakeGNSEntries
The class name you entered was not found in the classpath.  Note that
the class you are trying to enter must be in the classpath from which
you launched this program: util.SegmentFileReader
java.lang.NullPointerException: Could not clone actor 'File Reader' from
the 'util.FileReader' class, the actor null, meaning it was not found?
Perhaps there is a classpath problem of the karlib needs to be flushed?
    at
org.kepler.objectmanager.ActorMetadata.getActorAsNamedObj(ActorMetadata.java:609)

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Edoardo