[kepler-dev] Kepler timing data

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Feb 6 12:53:59 PST 2007

I just ran it again after wiping .kepler and removing and rebuilding the
kar library and I still get 20 sec.  I'm on Ubuntu 6.06 with java
1.5.0_10.  I'm measuring from the time that the ant output says
"run-dev:" until the time a usable kepler window opens.

I just did the same test on my macbook pro (under osx) and it took 22
seconds run-dev to kepler window.  Under windows on the mac (running in
parallels, 512 MB RAM) it took 21 sec.  Kepler had never been run on the
Parallels VM before.  After totally rebooting the mac, my startup time
was 31 secs.

chad