[kepler-dev] Kepler timing data

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Feb 6 10:35:16 PST 2007

Chad,
    Your startup times seem to be much faster than mine although our
machine configuratons seem the same! I am using Windows. Are you using
Linux?
    If I use 'ant run-dev' on a 'cold' machine (i.e just turned on,
Kepler never executed) it just took ~90 seconds to see the kepler screen
appear. Shutting down and starting again took about 45 seconds. A third
time took about 30 seconds. (All measured from hitting the return after
'ant run-dev'). It's that first time that is the real killer for new
users. Are you really getting a 20 second startup the first time?

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195