[kepler-dev] Reference to jars

Norbert Podhorszki pnorbert at cs.ucdavis.edu
Tue Dec 11 13:37:08 PST 2007

Hi Dan,

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Dan Higgins wrote:
>   We either need to execute momlexecute and ptexecute with the entire list
> of jars statically included in the classpath (and that classpath set to be
> run from any location) or consider a launcher class (like KeplerApplication)
> that dynamically loads the jars and then calls the appropriate Pt class.

Any of these solutions would be fine for me.

>   But why is it again that you cannot cd to $KEPLER within the script
> launching these classes?

- Even if you launch it from $KEPLER, it does not load the libraries.
- If you include all jars in the classpath statically, it works from
   anywhere.
- Note, that if you take the
     cd $KEP
     KEP=`pwd`
   commands out from kepler.sh, you can start Kepler from anywhere, and the
   current dir becomes where you start it from (you have fixed that
   recently). Just as I have seen with any other software.

So why do you ask?

Norbert

      Norbert Podhorszki
      University of California, Davis