[kepler-dev] Best practice for custom actor development

Ilkay Altintas altintas at sdsc.edu
Wed Aug 15 08:05:12 PDT 2007

Hi Ian,

You need to first build your custom actors by extending the actor
classes in Java. It is pretty straightforward. The basic steps for
this explained at: http://www.kepler-project.org/Wiki.jsp?
page=KeplerDevelopersTutorial

After building your custom actors, you need to generate kar files for
each. (kar==kepler archive) With the kars generated, your Analysts
can plug the new actors in. Chad would be a better person to give you
more information on this process.

You might also like to check out the CVS versions of both Kepler and
Ptolemy to have a more recent copy than the Beta3 for development.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

-ilkay

--
Ilkay ALTINTAS
Lab Director, Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT)