[kepler-dev] Kepler won't start for me...

Shawn Bowers sbowers at ucdavis.edu
Fri Sep 22 16:36:32 PDT 2006

I believe the problem is that the same mechanism used to add an actor to
Ptolemy's left-hand panel/model is the same mechanism used to add an actor
to the workflow canvas (model). Both of these involve, again if I recall
correctly, instead of simply adding the object to the model, literally
inserting the result of calling exportMoML() of the actor/item to the
desired model.

I believe Ilkay a while back brought up a similar issue where they where
trying to essentially parameterize exportMoML() to allow for it to return
different information depending on the parameter.

-shawn