[kepler-dev] Export Archive Context Menu

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Oct 5 11:38:39 PDT 2006

Hi Chad,
    Yes, the 'Export Archive (KAR)...' actor context menu is just what I
was asking for!

    I tested it by creating a customized RExpression actor where I added
2 input ports and one output port. It writes the kar file with no
problem, but I did have several problems when I tried loading the
exported KAR file back into Kepler (using the 'File/Import Archive(KAR)'
menu.
    First, if I set the 'Type' of the output port to something like
'{int}' I see an error (Cannot find suitable constructor...')
    If I do not set  a type, I get a different error - "There are no
semantic types defined in this KAR file..." even though there were
semantic types defined in the orginal RExpression actor. Shouldn't the
saved KAR include sematic types from the original actor? (Or ask for new
ones?)

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195