[kepler-dev] Ptolemy 6 problems on the Mac

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Sun Nov 19 20:19:15 PST 2006

Hi Christopher,

    I has previously mentioned problems with making connections from
relations on the Mac. The problem persists in Ptolemy 6. If one tries to
draw a connection from a relation (or a port icon within a Composite) by
using <Command> drag on the Mac, the icon just moves. [While <Control>
drag on a PC works just fine.) There is also a problem in that
transitions cannot be created for FSM models in PT 6.

    When checking, I discovered that Command drag works just fine on the
Mac if I run the WebStart version of PT5.01 from the PtolemyII web site.
However, if I download the source code for PT 5.01 and compile it, then
the Command drag does NOT work on the Mac! Is there some difference
between the Webstart version and the source code version?

    I can apparently correct the problem on the Mac by changing the Diva
code for ptII/diva/canvas/event/MouseFilter to add the
InputEvent.META_MASK to the _modifieMask variable.

Dan