[kepler-dev] Beta1 Freeze

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon May 22 15:33:02 PDT 2006

Hi All,
    Due to confusion about the branch, we decided to base the beta 1
release on the head of CVS as of 4PM Pacific time today (22 May). I will
tag the head at that time and the Beta1 release will be based on that
tag. So with the exception discussed below, please do not add any new
code to CVS with the tag 'KEPLER_1_0_0_BETA1". If you have some
important bug fix. please contact me to coordinate it. [NOTE: new work
can be added to the HEAD with no problem. It just won't be in the release.]

    Now for the exception. Currently, Matt has added a demos folder
directly under $KEPLER. There is a 'getting-started' folder inside.
Currently, the head of CVS has a 'workflows' directory with a large
number of somewhat confusingly organized workflow examples in a bunch of
subdirectories. A very large number of these workflows do not run! So we
are planning to NOT include the workflows directory in the release.
Instead we would like like to have some new directories added parallel
to the $KEPLER/demos/getting-started/ directory. These directories
should be organized by project (e.g. I will add a 'SEEK' directory;
other might be CIPRES, SPA, etc.) These directories should contain ONLY
workflows that the project is very confident will actually execute!
(Thus, this forces someone to check each one added.) Hopefully, you can
add such example directories in the next few days. Just add to the head
of CVS. I will add the proper tags to incorporate in the release.

    Questions always welcome.

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195