[kepler-dev] Adding Case to Kepler

Zhijie Guan guan at sdsc.edu
Wed May 10 13:28:17 PDT 2006

Hi, Mohana,

I think in step a), you should create that Case folder under $KEPLER/
src/actors/. For the Case.xml, I don't see any problem with it. But
you may want to refer to $KEPLER/src/actors/StringCompare/ on how
people write xml and Manifest files for StringCompare actor, which
also comes from Ptolemy.

But I am not sure if you can get that Case actor after you do this. I
am not familiar with the procedure of adding ptolemy actors into
Kepler. The Case actor may be a little bit different since it is an
composite actor. Actually I am not sure if a composite actor could be
added into the Kepler actor hierarchy.

But if what you need is only the Case actor, you may want to try this
workaround. In Kepler Vergil interface, click menu Tools->Instantiate
Component; In the dialog box, input the name of your actor (like
"ptolemy.actor.lib.hoc.Case") into the "Class name" text box and
click OK. The Case actor should appear in your canvas.

Zhijie