[kepler-dev] Adding Case to Kepler

Mohana Ramaratnam mramarat at wustl.edu
Wed May 10 12:45:26 PDT 2006

Hello,

I am trying to add the Case actor (ptolemy.actor.lib.hoc.Case) into the
Kepler Ontology. I have taken the following steps:

a) Created $kepler/src/Case folder with Case.xml and MANIFEST.MF
b) Performed
    ant full-clean,
    ant ptolemy
    deleted ~/.kepler folder
    ant buildkarlib
    ant run-dev

The last step gave me an error:

The class name you entered was not found in the classpath.  Note that
the class you are trying to enter must be in the classpath from which
you launched this program: ptolemy.actor.lib.hoc.Case
     [java] java.lang.NullPointerException: Could not clone actor 'Case'
from the 'ptolemy.actor.lib.hoc.Case' class, the actor null, meaning it
was not found? Perhaps there is a classpath problem of the karlib needs
to be flushed?

ptolemy.jar contains the ptoley.lib.hoc.* classes and is in my classpath
within the eclipse environment.

What am I doing wrong/missing?

~Mohana