[kepler-dev] open new Frame in Edit_parameter dialog

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 27 16:19:29 PST 2006

At 03:35 PM 3/27/2006, Wei Lu wrote:

>Hi group
>         I am trying writing a speicfic actor for kepler, But to
>configure this actor, I need to run a special GUI frame to help user to
>set  up one parameter, which is too complicate to write in text. I wonder
>if I can open the frame during the configuration time? (like the File
>Brower button/dialog provided in current kepler system), If so, how to
>make it? (in the dervided Actor class or else?) , Many thanks for clue me
>in.
>
>best
>
>Wei Lu

Sure... The PythonScript actor does this.
It contains an attribute that is an instance of
ptolemy.vergil.toolbox.TextEditorConfigureFactory.
If you look at that class, you can see how it works, I think...

Edward

Edward A. Lee
Professor, Chair of the EE Division, Associate Chair of EECS
231 Cory Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720
phone: 510-642-0253 or 510-642-0455, fax: 510-642-2845
eal at eecs.Berkeley.EDU, http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~eal