[kepler-dev] Actor Configure Dialog

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Mar 9 16:26:39 PST 2006

Hi, devs:

Now I am playing to configure eml actor and have some puzzle about
attributeChange method and configure dialog.

First, if I add a print out statement in attribute change, I found during
opening a workflow which has one eml actor, the attributeChange method
will be call 55 times even there are only 10 attributes in this actor.
Why attributeChange be called some
many times?

Second, if I updated a parameter value and click commit button. This will
trigger calling attributeChange method. if I update a parameter value and
click cancel button, this will trigger calling attributeChange metod too.
How can I tell them which cause the calling of attributeChange method in
the actor class?

Third one is: in eml configure panel, there are two parameters are related
to each one. Ideally if I updated value in one parameter, the other should
be updated too without clicking any button. Here is a example, eml actor
has "EML File" (which is file parameter and "SelectedEntity" (which is a
string choice parameter). If I choose different eml file in "EML File" parameter, and "SelectedEntity"
should display the different entity name which is in the different eml
file. I have Helloworld.xml which's entity name is "Hello world" and Goodmorning.xml
which's enity name is "Good morning". First I chose Helloworld.xml in "EML
File" and "Selected Entity" shows "Hello world". But if I update the
value to Goodmorning.xml and "Selected Entity" will show "Good morning"
and with another choice "Hello world"! Howerver, if you click commit and
reopen configure window again, the "EML file" value will be Goodmorning.xml and "Selected Entity" only have the
choice "Good morning". It seems my removeAllChoice code in
attributeChange only works after clicking commit button. How can I achieve
this kind real time update in configure panel before clicking commit
button?

Thanks,

Jing

Jing Tao