[kepler-dev] java cog jar files duplication .....

jagan Jagan.Kommineni at infotech.monash.edu.au
Thu Jun 22 15:00:44 PDT 2006

Hi Ilkay,

Ilkay Altintas wrote:

>On Jun 22, 2006, at 12:33 AM, jagan wrote:
>

>>Hi Ilkay,
>>
>>I am getting some duplicated jar files with the latest version of
>>java cog toolkit cog-4_1_4.
>>As you know, cog supports number of different versions of globus
>>toolkits. They are loading some java classes
>>based on the relative path of  the other jar files (those jars are
>>not in the classpath).  That means
>>

>Jagan,
>
>Was this not happening before? What initiated the problem?

I think this problem only with the latest version, it is not the case
before, you may have look at the cog's documentation.

http://wiki.cogkit.org/index.php/FAQ#How_do_I_integrate_the_CoG_Jars_into_my_own_project.3F

>>I have to maintain their directory structure as tease  at least for
>>some  jar files.
>>

>I couldn't understand this. Could you explain it further?

Cog's 4_1_4 library structure is some thing like this
jagan at brama ~/cogkit/cog/dist/cog-4_1_4
$ ls
bin  etc  examples  lib  lib-gt3_2_1  lib-gt4_0_0
There are number of jars in lib folder which are required to be in
classpath and there other jar files in folders lib-gt3_2_1 and  lib-gt4_0_0
These folders are required to maintain the relative path but those
shouldn't go in "classpath".

>>I am  using their services  by calling an external process from the
>>kepler actor.
>>I can create a completely seperate classpath based on cog jar files.
>>That means I don't need pollute Kepler classpath from the cog
>>classpath.
>>

>You mean you won't include them in the classpath? Maybe you create a
>new configuration for your project?

I would like to put all the cog jars in $KEPLER/cog folder which is not
a regular kepler class path folder.
I create a new classpath for cog taks from with in the kepler actor and
call a new sub process to handle this task as shown below.

String wfCommnad =  "java -classpath "+cogClassPath+"
org.globus.cog.karajan.Loader "+ xmlScript;
process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(wfCommnad);

>>Already I am storing cog's jar files in $KEPLER/cog directory by
>>using third party jars from kepler classpath.
>>With the latest version I need to maintain relative path as I
>>mention before which ends up with some duplication in jar files of
>>Kepler's cvs repository.
>>

>I don't think relative paths is a good idea. I think it is better to
>go with a separate configuration file. That is if I understood you
>correctly.

I agree with you the relative path is not a good solution.

with regards,

Jagan Kommineni