[kepler-dev] Nondeterministic merge in PN domain

Ilkay Altintas altintas at sdsc.edu
Thu Jun 22 16:24:29 PDT 2006

Hi Christopher,

The workflows don't use the NondeterministicMerge actor but implement
nondeterministic merge in the workflow.

Until PTII 5.x, the PN director allowed this, but I'm trying to
figure out why the workflow was implemented that way, and the
workflow developer (Xiaowen--she left the project) insisted on
keeping the old director. It was to avoid a race condition. I'll try
to port the workflow to the current PTII version if I understand what
the problem with using the new version of the PNDirector is.

Thanks,
-ilkay

--
Ilkay ALTINTAS
Assistant Director, National Laboratory for Advanced Data Research