[kepler-dev] _windowsProperty x and y checked against screen size

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jun 6 16:13:54 PDT 2006

Hi Dan,
Good point, we now check for negative values of x and y.  This could
cause problems with dual monitors, but I feel it is less wrong to
move the window than it is to have a window that the user cannot
access at all.

Let's see how this unfolds.  I'd entertain setting yet another
property that if set would not change the values.

Basically, I'm trying to optimize the experience of the new user who
gets a model that was created on a machine with a large screen or dual
monitors.

_Christopher

--------

    Christopher,
        I have seen the problem with dual monitors also. But I have also
    seen the case where the saved window has NEGATIVE locations (i.e. when x
    or y is too small rather than too large! (probably due to dual monitors
    with primary set to the right) So you might consider tests for that also.

        And maybe you should lobby for you and Edward to get bigger monitors
    ;-)
    But as can be seen from my comment, that doesn't always help either!

    Dan

    Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
    http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
    National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Scienc
   e Building - Room 3405
    Santa Barbara, CA 93195