[kepler-dev] _windowsProperty x and y checked against screen size

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jun 6 12:32:15 PDT 2006

Edward and I have 1024x768 laptops and I've run up against user
submitted models that have the _windowsProperty attribute set
such that the window is placed off the edge of the screen.

I think this can also happen when the user has a two headed display.

The fix is to
ptolemy/actor/gui/WindowPropertiesAttribute.java

175a181,189
>             // If x or y is greater than the width or height of the
>             // screen, then offset them by 30 pixels so the user can
>             // drag the window.
>             Toolkit tk = Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit();
>             x = (x > tk.getScreenSize().width
>                     ? tk.getScreenSize().width - 30 : x);
>             y = (y > tk.getScreenSize().height
>                     ? tk.getScreenSize().height - 30 : y);

I'm not sure if this should go into the release branch or not.

Technically, it is a bug, because it is easy to have a model that will
not appear on the user's screen if the user has a small screen.