[kepler-dev] actor documentaiton missing in beta1

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jun 6 10:06:08 PDT 2006

Hi Dan,
I checked in a change to
src/org/kepler/gui/KeplerDocApplicationSpecializer.java
that handles the case where $KEPLER_DOCS is not set but
$KEPLER/dev/documentationFramework is present.

I'm not sure if this change needs to go in to the beta, but
it will help the next time this comes up.

In general, the user should really not need to set KEPLER_DOCS,
we should try various likely places where the docs can be found
and set it for the user.

_Christopher
--------

    Hi Matt,
        The documentation is in the release  (in the dev/ folder) but it
    looks like I screwed up in the setup. The environment variable
    KEPLER_DOCS needs to point to the base Kepler directory and I forgot to
    set it in the installer startup :-( . (It is set in the kepler.bat and
    kepler.sh startup files.)

        So you just need to set the environment variable for the
    documentation to show up. I can get the installers rebuilt with the fix
    pretty quick. We can probably redo the CDs on Monday if Mark is not
    leaving until Tuesday.

    Sorry,  Dan