[kepler-dev] Stopping a workflow

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 5 16:23:48 PDT 2006

Hi Norbert,

Ptolemy has a Stop actor.

See
$PTII/ptolemy/domains/pn/demo/RemoveNilTokens/RemoveNilTokens.xml
for a way to call Stop

See
$PTII/ptolemy/domains/pn/demo/NondeterministicMerge/NondeterministicMerge.xml
for a way to starve a PN model

_Christopher
--------

    Hi,

    I am looking for an idea about how to stop a (pipeline dataflow) worfklow,
    which runs arbitrarily long but should finish if a certain condition
    holds. Not just stopping immediately: the work inside the pipeline should
    be performed to the end of the pipeline, but no more work should be
    generated at the front.

    In the infinitely running workflow, a Ramp generates the tokens on the
    front. If a parameter is put into the firingCountLimit, which is
    originally 0 and is set to e.g. 1 when the condition occurs, the Ramp will
    stop so this is a nearly perfect solution for the above problem. However,
    the parameter remains set to 1 for future runs (i.e. not running long) and
    I do not know, how to set it back (either at the end of this run, or at
    the beginning of the next run).

    Is there any actor that generates tokens UNTIL it receives a token
    (anti-trigger)?

    Note: I would not like to mess up my beautiful straight dataflow pipeline
    with an ugly controlflow construct :-(

    Many thanks
    Norbert

      --