[kepler-dev] Can "stop" interrupt "initialize()"

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jan 30 11:59:23 PST 2006

EAL> Every Director has a method isStopRequested().
EAL> A long running initialize() method should just call this method
EAL> and abort if it returns true...
EAL>
EAL> I would be circumspect about adding additional phases.
EAL> It could significantly increase the complexity for actor writers.

Edward:

I think the phases would not necessarily be visible at the actor
interface level! Or there might be different families of actors, or
specialized ports, or yet other things..  Obviously there is some need
to discuss all of that in more detail..

The idea was to not mess with Ptolemy for this kind of thing :-)

Bertram