[kepler-dev] Can "stop" interrupt "initialize()"

Kevin Ruland kruland at ku.edu
Mon Jan 30 06:41:50 PST 2006

Bertram,

Things like static type checking may be optional (to the workflow) in
the sense that one could still execute a workflow without having done
the static type checking step or perhaps the workflow could be executed
if static type checking fails (user override?).  In this sense, data
completed data loading prior to execution.

Also, if some actor somewhere does do something extremely time consuming
in it's initialize method, there is currently no pleasant way to
interrupt it.  The user can click on the stop button, and it does appear
to have some effect -- that is, it's indentation changes when pressed --
however, it does not interrupt the processing.  This behavior could be
considered a but itself.  Either the stop button needs to be disabled
until it can do something useful, or it should stop the workflow
regardless of its execution state.

I have been given no requirements for the data loading process - other
than to see if we can make ptexecute work correctly.

Kevin