[kepler-dev] New Kepler Menus

Matthew Brooke brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu
Sun Jan 29 19:42:55 PST 2006

Dan -

thanks - i know about that one. Laura's redesign has a checkbox menu
item - click once for on; click again to toggle off - but i have not yet
had chance to implement it like that.

Dan Higgins wrote:
> Hi Matthew (and Laura)
>
>    In using the new Kepler menu system, I can across a problem. In the
> old menus (aka Ptolemy menu) there is a menu item named 'Animate
> Execution' under the 'Debug' menu. Immediately below the 'Animate
> Execution' is a 'Stop Animating' meny item.
>
>    'Animate Execution' shows when actors are executing when a workflow
> runs by 'hilighting' the actor for a use-set period of time (for some
> Directors). 'Stop Animating' turns off the animation
>
>    In the new menus, this item has apparently been replaced by the menu
> item 'Run with Feedback' under the 'Tools' menu. The problem is that
> there is no 'Stop Feedback' menu item. So once the user starts showing
> which icon is firing, there is no way to turn off the effect with the
> new menus!  Rather that having a seperate 'Stop' menu, perhaps the menu
> should toggle from 'Run with Feedback' to 'Stop Feedback' and back?
>
>    Incidently. in my opinion, the original menu text of 'Animate
> Execution' seems more descriptive than 'Run with Feedback'. Feedback
> seems like a term that can have many meanings and is not very helpful to
> a new Kepler user.. 'Feedback' could just be some text summary at the
> end of workflow execution.
>
> Dan

Matthew Brooke, Ph.D.
Marine Sciences Research Building, Room #3407
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA  93106-6150
ph: (805) 893-7108   fx: 805-893-8062
brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu