[kepler-dev] Duplicate function actors?

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 25 14:35:16 PST 2006

Hi Dan,

Ptolemy II uses the DirectoryListing actor as part of the run all
demos demo that runs in the display case.

This demo is ptolemy/demo/RunDemos.xml
The actor is used in ptolemy/demo/RunDemosInNewProcess.xml
It is also used in ptolemy/actor/lib/io/demo/FilePortParamter.xml
and ptolemy/actor/lib/test/auto/ExecRunDemos.xml
and ptolemy/domains/sdf/test/auto/filePortParameter.xml

I'm not particularly wedded to the DirectoryListing actor, we could
modify it to better meet Kepler's needs and then either discard
FileArrayPrinter or have it call DirectoryListing but not be listed in
Kepler's ui.  I'd prefer to discard FileArrayPrinter and move on.

It looks like FileArrayPrinter is used in the following models:
/home/eecs/cxh/src/kepler/src/org/resurgence/moml/FileListSequencer.xml:     <entity name="File Array Printer" class="org.resurgence.actor.FileArrayPrinter">
/home/eecs/cxh/src/kepler/src/org/resurgence/moml/MoleculeSelector.xml:     <entity name="File Array Printer" class="org.resurgence.actor.FileArrayPrinter">

Perhaps the authors of these models could use DirectoryListing or
else tell me how DirectoryListing should change?

Seems like a bug should be filed for this one.  I'm tempted
to take it, but I'm slightly over committed.

_Christopher

Ilkay wrote:
--------

    Hi Dan,

    AFAIK, they are the same in functionality. There might be some
    differences between  the datatypes/structures they output, and it needs
    to be consolidated.

    -ilkay