[kepler-dev] I broke Eml200DataSource.
kruland at ku.edu
Fri Jan 6 12:20:00 PST 2006
Thanks. I was going to build one myself but this will be easier. I saw
some obvious problem in the eml200DataSource actor including the dreaded
busy-wait. The obvious synchronization points result in deadlocks. I
will look at this very carefully and have it fixed shortly.
BTW - does this workflow have two actors using the same datasets? That
is another case which we must handle as well.
Dan Higgins wrote:
> Another workflow to check is " IPCC_BASE_Layers.xml" (in
> workflows/eco; #16 on the ENM_Workflows html page). This workflow has
> 10 EMLDataSources. Jing and I spent a lot of time earlier this week
> getting it to run (prior to your last set of changes) and there were
> apparently a number of thread issues with 10 datasources opening in
> separate threads. Jing got it working both from the cache and from
> Ecogrid, but I haven't tried your new code (since I have been
> preparing for a training session next week in Albuquerque). So if
> there are thread problems, they will probably appear in this workflow!
> Kevin Ruland wrote:
>> I have this mostly working again. The GDAL_h1K_NS.xml workflow works
>> most of the time. It will always work from cache. There are some
>> significant threading issues in this class currently. I am going to
>> take a close look at them now.
>> Kevin Ruland wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> In the recent commits, I ended up breaking the Eml200DataSource
>>> actor. Unfortunately, I have not tracked down the problem just
>>> yet. I expect to have it repaired by tomorrow morning.
>>> Sorry for any inconvience.
>>> Kepler-dev mailing list
>>> Kepler-dev at ecoinformatics.org
>> Kepler-dev mailing list
>> Kepler-dev at ecoinformatics.org
More information about the Kepler-dev