[kepler-dev] GlobusProxy actor

Kurt Mueller kurt at sdsc.edu
Tue Feb 28 11:01:09 PST 2006

Hi,

GAMA has no automated method of putting a foreign certificate into
its Myproxy store. You could put it there yourself by running myproxy-
init from the command-line, and you would then be able to retrieve it
using myproxy-get-delegation from the command-line, just like with
any Myproxy server. You could also retrieve it using GAMA's web
service interface from a portal or from an application such as Kepler.

What you will NOT get is the creation of a portal user in GridSphere
on the GAMA portal side and configuration of this user to
automatically retrieve a proxy upon login to the portal. This will
only happen if the user is created from the portal to begin with, and
the user's credentials are created by the GAMA CA and put into the
GAMA Myproxy as part of the initial user account creation. There is
no way to take a foreign certificate, put it in GAMA's Myproxy, and
associate it with an exisiting GridSphere portal user. If you are not
using the GridSphere portal side of GAMA then this may not be a
concern for you.

- Kurt