[kepler-dev] SRB Down

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Feb 24 11:31:30 PST 2006

Bertram,
    The EML datasource actor does still start downloading metadata (and
then data) when first dragged to the workflow, although Kevin fixed a
bunch of the problems with this approach. For example, if you
immediately try to run the workflow, it will wait until the data is
downloaded rather than just crash (as before). And when multiple
datasources are in a workflow, threading problems seem to be fixed and
memory requirements have been minimized. Workflows seem to display
quickly even while data is being downloaded.

    Note that the emldatasource does need to get at least the metadata
to figure out how many ports to dynamically create.

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu