[kepler-dev] webpage suggestion

Matthew Brooke brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Feb 23 09:35:39 PST 2006

I think we should create a special icon to put next to the people who
are inactive. Any suggestions for a design?

- oh, sorry - thought it was 1 April... ;-)

Shawn Bowers wrote:
> So what's the point of this distinction then?
>
> Are we saying these folks are no longer "members" or are
> we saying they are just not producing anything
> for Kepler?
>
> I prefer giving folks who are not working on kepler any
> more (which I think is the case), the tag "previous"
> members -- because regardless, I think "inactive" has
> a negative connotation.
>
> -shawn
>

> Laura L. Downey wrote:
>> I don't see inactive as being negative, just merely a state.  And because we
>> have an "active" state, it makes sense to have an "inactive" state.
>>
>> Although I don't understand Inactive (past) members; I interpret inactive as
>> current members, but not active.  So inactive but past, makes no sense to
>> me.
>>
>> I interpret past or previous members, as not currently members.
>>
>> All that said, if we really mean people that are no longer members, then
>> "previous members" seems reasonable.
>>
>> Laura L. Downey
>> Senior Usability Engineer
>> LTER Network Office
>> Department of Biology, MSC03 2020
>> 1 University of New Mexico
>> Albuquerque, NM  87131-0001
>> 505.277.3157 office
>> 505.610.9657 mobile
>> 505.277-2541 fax
>> ldowney at lternet.edu

Matthew Brooke, Ph.D.
Marine Sciences Research Building, Room #3407
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA  93106-6150
ph: (805) 893-7108   fx: 805-893-8062
brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu