[kepler-dev] Run with feedback --> Animate Execution

Laura L. Downey ldowney at lternet.edu
Fri Feb 17 09:20:34 PST 2006

Hi Bertram,

I haven't tackled changing the wording yet but have noted yours and Chris'
comments about the term "feedback."  Just as a side note, terminology is
always a very sticky issue since people generally only agree about 10% of
the time on some specific term/label but they usually easily agree what they
"don't" want something called.  Think back to the traffic generated when
Deana asked about a new term for Ecogrid. :-)

I do however want to keep "Run with <something>" because I'm trying to
maintain consistency with the terms associated with running a workflow -- we
have Run, Run Window, and Run with <whatever term we choose>.  All of my
recommendations are based on trying to keep some consistency in the way
things are named because users make associations between things with the
same terms and phrases.

I'm working on a few alternatives and want to make sure they coordinate
across the menu system.

Laura L. Downey
Senior Usability Engineer
LTER Network Office