[kepler-dev] Is Scia in Release 1.0?

Matthew Brooke brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Feb 16 09:24:22 PST 2006

The change that Kevin is suggesting is basically a re-factoring - he's
moving some code out of BasicGraphController and into its own public
class, so the new menu system can be used to include the scia menu items
if anyone needs to do so.

The scia code would still be part of Alpha 9, as I understand it. I
think Matt's idea was to remove the scia code only when we do the branch
for the release

Dan Higgins wrote:
> Hi All,
>     I would like to suggest that we do NOT remove the Scia code (or any
> other things of that sort) until AFTER the alpha9 release. This keeps
> all the alpha releases similar in that all contributions are included. I
> suspect that there are a number of parts that should be trimmed for the
> 1.0 release, but that should be carefully discussed.
>
> Dan
>
> Kevin Ruland wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I thought I heard Matt say that the Scia code will not be released with
>> 1.0.  If that is the case, we need to extract it from the current build
>> so we can reduce the distribution size and isolate bugs.
>>
>> Since MatthewB has created the new fangled menu system, it should be
>> possible to remove the scia dependency from the BasicGraphController and
>> use the menu configuration property files to allow the scia developer to
>> access their functionality.
>>
>> If I don't hear any objections today, I will adjust the build.xml and
>> make changes to BasicGraphController and create the appropriate
>> AbstractAction implementation in org.kepler.scia.gui.
>>
>> Kevin

Matthew Brooke, Ph.D.
Marine Sciences Research Building, Room #3407
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA  93106-6150
ph: (805) 893-7108   fx: 805-893-8062
brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu