[kepler-dev] HTML WelcomeScreen ?

Nandita Mangal nmangal at sdsc.edu
Wed Feb 15 11:01:09 PST 2006

Should we modify the intro.html to look like the welcome screen
designed by Laura instead and use welcomeWindow again?

Following discussion:

Hi Nandita,
Briefly:
kepler/configs/ptolemy/configs/kepler/welcomeWindow.xml
is where the VergilWelcome window is coming up.

You could try editing that file, though it might require modifying
the configuration and VergilApplication so that it will skip it
if there is a parameter in the kepler configuration that says
"no vergil welcome window".  However, this is kind of gross.

The right solution is to combine your class and my class in
ptolemy.actor.gui so that we can use WelcomeWindow and the Tableau.

I think we can make the html in
kepler/configs/ptolemy/configs/kepler/intro.htm look like Laura's
design.

What do you say?

What are the reasons not to use WelcomeWindow? I'm willing to debate
this  :-)

_Christopher
--------

    HI Christopher,

    I just saw your email. I checked in a WelcomeScreen which is designed as
    per Laura's layout at
    http://kepler-project.org/Wiki.jsp?page=SplashAndWelcomeScreens

    I used KeplerApplication, just like Kevin's splash screen to start the
    welcome screen as well.
    Both screens start up....however I had a question regarding the removal
    of WelcomeWindow.xml
    as VergilApplication is expecting it (and removal of the above file from
    configs simply throws excpetions)...
    So basically right now, both old(html) as well as new screen pop up...

    Thanks,
    nandita.

--------