[kepler-dev] Datasource changes

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Feb 3 14:00:50 PST 2006

Kevin,
    Nice job on changing the EML2DataSource to use initialize to wait
for data to be loaded. Now, if I click on 'Run' before data is finished
is ready, rather than throwing an error. (at least the ones I looked at
did when run from within Vergil).

    However, I decided to test execution using the ptexecute macro. [You
can use the ant target(s) 'ptexecute' or 'ptexecute-dev', or generate a
batch file with 'build_ptexecute'.] ptexecute will run the workflow
'workflows/eco/IPCC_Base_Layers.xml' OK if the data is in the cache;
however, if the data is NOT in the cache (i.e. needs to be downloaded),
I get a null pointer exception
        at
org.ecoinformatics.seek.datasource.eml.eml2.Eml200DataSource.initiali
ze(Eml200DataSource.java:355)

    Another problem is that I cannot run multiple 'ptexecute' process
simultaneously nor can I run kelper while a long ptexecute process is
running. I suspect this is the same problem we saw before with multiple
Kepler processes, but I am somewhat surprized that it occurs with
ptexecute (This is with workflows that have datasources).

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195