[kepler-dev] Integrating cog-4.1.3 services as actors in kepler ........

jagan Jagan.Kommineni at infotech.monash.edu.au
Thu Feb 2 21:13:15 PST 2006

HI Ilkay,

COG has split their previous single jar file into number of jars located
in two sub directories.
As I mentioned before, I have added few new actors  for kepler user
community to have cog services handy.
The contents of  directories are as follows,
$ ls kepler/lib/jar/cog-4_1_3/
cog-abstraction-common-2.0.jar    cog-provider-local-2.0.jar
cog-abstraction-examples-2.1.jar   cog-resources-1.0.jar
cog-grapheditor-0.46.jar                cog-util-0.91.jar
cog-jglobus-1.2-050621.jar           gt4_0_0
cog-karajan-0.31.jar                      jakarta-regexp-1.2.jar
cog-provider-clref-gt4_0_0.jar       jce-jdk13-125.jar
cog-provider-condor-2.0.jar          puretls.jar
cog-provider-gt2-2.2.jar                xpp3-1.1.3.4d_b4_min.jar
cog-provider-gt4_0_0-2.3.jar        xstream-1.1.1-patched.jar
$ ls kepler/lib/jar/cog-4_1_3/gt4_0_0/
addressing-1.0.jar                                  gram-stubs.jar
axis-url.jar                                             gram-utils.jar
axis.jar                                                  naming-common.jar
cog-axis.jar                                           naming-factory.jar
cog-url.jar                                             naming-java.jar
commonj.jar                                          naming-resources.jar
commons-beanutils.jar                           opensaml.jar
commons-collections-3.0.jar                  wsrf_core.jar
commons-digester.jar                            wsrf_core_stubs.jar
globus_delegation_service.jar                 wsrf_mds_index_stubs.jar
globus_delegation_stubs.jar
wsrf_mds_usefulrp_schema_stubs.jar
globus_wsrf_mds_aggregator_stubs.jar  wsrf_provider_jce.jar
globus_wsrf_rendezvous_service.jar       wsrf_tools.jar
globus_wsrf_rendezvous_stubs.jar          wss4j.jar
globus_wsrf_rft_stubs.jar                       xml-apis.jar
gram-client.jar                                       xmlsec.jar

Most of the above jar files are new except few which are new versions.

Even now I personally feel that it would be better to put these jar
files in separate directory.
That makes easy to update whenever cog releases new versions.

I have put these things in $KEPLER/lib/jar/cog-4_1_3.

I wonder whether these new changes brake any ones code in Kepler?

Could you mind to give some suggestions about new directory structure
for these jar files as well as new versions of jar files?

The differences in versions as mentioned in Manifest file are shown below.

*puretls.jar (This version is needed for cog)
==========================
   COG MANIFEST version
==========================
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.2
Created-By: 1.3.1_15-b01 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
===================================
KEPLER MANIFEST VERSION
=========================
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: Apache Ant 1.5
------------------------
*axis.jar (uses old version but is needed)
==========================
   COG MANIFEST version
==========================
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.2
Created-By: 1.3.1_13-b03 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)

Name: org/apache/axis
Implementation-Title: Apache Axis
Implementation-Version: 1.2RC2 2254 June 16 2005
Implementation-Vendor: Apache Web Services
===================================
KEPLER MANIFEST VERSION
=========================
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.5.3
Created-By: 1.4.2_05-b04 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)

Name: org/apache/axis
Implementation-Title: Apache Axis
Implementation-Version: 1.3 2244 October 5 2005
Implementation-Vendor: Apache Web Services

======================================
*cog-axis.jar (This version is needed by cog)
==========================
   COG MANIFEST version
==========================
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.2
Created-By: 1.3.1_13-b03 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
===================================
KEPLER MANIFEST VERSION
=========================
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: Apache Ant 1.5.1
*xmlsec.jar (this version is needed)
==========================
   COG MANIFEST version
==========================
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.2
Created-By: 1.4.2_07-b05 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Built-By: raul
Name: xmlsec
Implementation-Title: Apache-XML-Security-J
Implementation-Version: 1.2.1 ${TODAY}
Implementation-Vendor: Apache Software Foun
KEPLER MANIFEST VERSION (jwsdp)
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: 1.4.1_02-b06 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.2

with regards,

Jagan Kommineni