[kepler-dev] Build Broken (by MatlabExpression.java?)

Tristan King tristan.king at jcu.edu.au
Sun Apr 23 20:37:22 PDT 2006

My bad with that. I always figured that that java compliance settings in
eclipse meant that the code would compile under 1.4 (or maybe it does
and i'm doing something wrong). I've modified the actor now and compiled
it using 1.4 to make sure it works, and will commit it again later on
today (when i'm 100% sure it wont break anything :)).

I've looked into the java interfaces that come with matlab, and as far
as i can tell they're not much use to us.

 From what i've managed to figure out, they just allow people to write
java classes for use inside matlab's own jvm (i.e. the classes must be
called from inside matlab), and don't do anything when run from a
standard jvm.

If anyone knows any different, please let me know. I'm not a big fan of
the whole spawning additional processes to preform these tasks, and even
less of having to parse text output to decipher the results. But for now
i don't know of any other way of doing this.

--Tristan