[kepler-dev] Build Broken (by MatlabExpression.java?)

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 21 08:21:05 PDT 2006

BTW - The Ptolemy Matlab expression actor uses JNI to communicate
with Matlab.  I believe there is now a pure Java Matlab interface
which is much more robust than JNI.  I would support tossing the
Ptolemy Matlab expression actor for a non-JNI Matlab actor.

Nandita create a MatlabStartScript utility that looks like it starts
a remote Matlab process using Runtime.getRuntime().exec().
I'm not so sure if this is the right thing, since it starts a
separate process each time.  It might be better to have a
more integrated actor?  However, I'm not sure what the plan is
for this actor, so there could easily be good uses for it.

_Christopher

--------

    MatlabExpression code is apparently keeping the nightly build from
    compiling. Would however is working on this please fix ASAP!

    (And is this different that the Matlab actor in PTII ? (which we could
    put in Kepler)

    Dan Higgins
    NCEAS