[kepler-dev] Why I can't work: a plea for stability

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at ucdavis.edu
Thu Apr 20 13:33:23 PDT 2006

Many cooks are not necessarily a problem, if it's a well-oiled (or
buttered?) team.

Stricter enforcement of certain "cooking rules" can help, but can
create conflicts in a multi-team situation with different "cooking
objectives and goals".

One possible approach: make "smooth extensibility" (adding new actors,
adding new directors, changing GUI components, etc) a top priority!
(and if it's already, then make it an even topper priority ;-)

In this context, I'd like to call this the "Buffet Approach":
(incidently, I just came from our buffet lunch)
Lots of cooks, all doing there own stuff in parallel and concurrently.
Also, consumers pick what the like and "it all works"..

:-)

Bertram