[kepler-dev] Kepler specific Director and ComponentEntity classes and _addIcon()

Matthew Brooke brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Apr 19 10:12:10 PDT 2006

Christopher:

 > We could delay this.  However, I think Edward sketched out a design
 > that might work.  I could try implementing it and see.
 > [..] This could also solve the icon problem for Attributes.
 > I could install the MoML changes and we could see what happens.

Won't hurt to try - I'm always up for adventure, as long as we're
completely sure it's all working before we commit to cvs. There are 3
workflows in cvs that show *all* the actors, so these would be a good
test. They are called:

kepler/workflows/test/all-actors-displayed-part1a.xml
kepler/workflows/test/all-actors-displayed-part1b.xml
kepler/workflows/test/all-actors-displayed-part2.xml

 > As per Edward's mail that followed
 > your mail, we are not talking about adding *Icon.xml files.

I saw that - I kinda thought this was the case, but just wanted to make
sure I was on the same page as you guys.

 > I think XMLIcon is a possible fly in the ointment.  I have not
 > looked at it.

More of an elephant in the ointment, I'm guessing... ;-)
Although provided the moml changes just add the same attributes that are
currently added by ComponentEntityConfig, we might be in luck...

 > It might just work seemlessly.

Heh - *how* long have you been a developer?? ;o)

cheers

Matthew Brooke, Ph.D.
Marine Sciences Research Building, Room #3407
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA  93106-6150
ph: (805) 893-7108   fx: 805-893-8062
brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu