[kepler-dev] Reg. ptolemy Jar files

Sivagowri Swaminathan sivagowri at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 11 08:27:41 PDT 2006

Hi Matt and christopher

Thanks for your feed back. I deleted the whole ptlemy files, got a fresh
copy from CVS and found that the .classpath.default exists in the PTII
directory. I used Eclipse and created the project and built it.
I had only one error in the package ptolemy.backtrack.plugin.util
environment.java

getRefactoredFile method:

This method was using java String class' replace method for replacing two
Strings whereas the replace method is only for characters.

after getting around from this, I was able to build ptolemy. The buld was
successful but unfortunately, I got all the jars in the PTII\lib directory
except for ptolemy.jar and ptolemy-doc.jar.

I even ran ptolemy from the eclipse environment and it worked fine.

am I missing anything? why doesnt the ptolemy.jar file get built even though
the build was successful?

Then I tried cygwin method.

I typed ./configure and again I got the same two errors regarding the
installation of  java3d and quicktime. Not sure why configure did not
exclude the ptolemy.domains.gr and the othe rdirectories.

I tried to use ant ptolemy by
cd $kepler as well as $PTII but I got an error saying, command not found.

so right now, I want to use the eclipse method to get ptolemy built, so as
to get kepler built.

can you please help me out of this situation? I have a deadline by tomorrow.

Thanx
Siva