[kepler-dev] kepler actor documentation

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Apr 6 14:30:27 PDT 2006

Matt,
    At least part of the Parameter display problem is due to the way the
parameters are created in the code. For example,  the code has the line

        _outputTypeAttr = new StringParameter(this, "outputType");

This is a mistake according to Edward because the string 'outputType'
does not match the name '_outputTypeAttr', so a new StringParameter
named 'outputType' is created while your documentation is tied to the
'_outputTypeAttr' variable.
 The correct way is to use 2 lines

        _outputTypeAttr = new StringParameter(this, "_outputTypeAttr");
        _outputTypeAttr.setDisplayName("outputType");

I made that one change and the documentation does then show up. There
are several places in the EML200DataSource actor where we need to set
the DisplayName properly.

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195