[kepler-dev] New deadlock detection mechanism

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Sep 6 18:30:47 PDT 2005

Hi Edward,

You wrote:
> I noticed that the DDE domain is not functioning, and apparently
> wasn't in the 5.0 release. I will work on resurrecting it when
> I get a chance, unless someone else is interested...

Can you be more specific?  What sort of behaviour should the
DDE LocalZeno applet have?
The applet is at
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII5.0/ptII5.0/ptolemy/domains/dde/demo/LocalZeno/LocalZeno.htm

The applet says:
  Operation

  In the above model, the bottom branch experiences a Zeno condition
  as soon as time advances to 45. This causes the the bottom branch to
  continue execution long after the top branch has ceased execution,
  even though the clock source sends identical data to both
  branches. Note that for convenience the lower branch only
  approximates a Zeno condition. It has been deliberately designed to
  eventually end the Zeno condition and complete execution.

It seems like the lower branch never exits.
Should it?