[kepler-dev] problems with annotations

Shawn Bowers sbowers at ucdavis.edu
Thu Oct 27 01:45:13 PDT 2005

The following comment may be coming from far left field, but I have
never quite understood why a change request as it is currently defined
in ptolemy requires the passing of a MoML XML string.

In particular, it is confusing to me as a developer why I have to deal
with *both* the object model of ptolemy/kepler as well as the
serialization syntax of the part of the object model I'm
instantiating or modifying.

I think it would be more convenient to pass *objects* to change
request, not XML serializations of the things I want to update.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
-shawn