[kepler-dev] Problems for building Kepler

Matthew Brooke brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Oct 25 12:02:36 PDT 2005

Hi -

if you have the latest checkout from cvs, the command is now "ant
buildkarlib", not "ant buildkswlib".

so the order is:

ant full-clean ptolemy

rm -rf ~/.kepler

ant buildkarlib

ant run-dev

Zhijie Guan wrote:
> Hi, All,
>
> Could anybody help me clarifying how to build Kepler with the latest CVS
> check out version?
>
> I checked out Ptolemy and Kepler from CVS repositories yesterday
> afternoon. Then I followed the instructions from previous emails to build
> KSW by running "ant buildkswlib". The system reported a bunch of errors (I
> list part of them as follows in Error part 1). Then I tried to to go back
> to the old building instructions stated online as developers' guide. I run
> the command "ant full-clean ptolemy run-dev". The building process run
> smoothly execept the errors reported when loading the Vergil interface at
> the last (as in Error part 2). It seems the system cannot find any KSW
> library. After I dismissed the errors, the GUI did initialized but no
> directors, actors, or parameters was loaded in the Graph Editor.
>
> I am not sure if I missed any important email on the kepler-dev list for
> building Kepler. But a brief instruction on how to build Kepler is really
> appreciated at this time.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Zhijie

> Error part 1:
>
> client64-123:~/kepler zhijieguan$ ant buildkswlib
> Buildfile: build.xml
>
> preinit:
>
> checkOS:
>
> win.prep:
>
> lin.prep:
>       [echo] Guessing that you are running: Unix
>
> init:
>
> copy-lib-win:
>
> copy-lib-unix:
>
> setcommonclasspath:
>
> prepare:
>       [copy] Copying 1 file to /Users/zhijieguan/ptII
>       [copy] Copying 1 file to /Users/zhijieguan/ptII
>      [mkdir] Created dir: /Users/zhijieguan/kepler/build/src
>      [mkdir] Created dir: /Users/zhijieguan/kepler/build/classes
>       [copy] Copying 781 files to /Users/zhijieguan/kepler/build/src
>       [copy] Copied 109 empty directories to 13 empty directories under
> /Users/zhijieguan/kepler/build/src
>       [copy] Copying 58 files to /Users/zhijieguan/kepler/build/classes
>       [copy] Copying 70 files to /Users/zhijieguan/kepler/build/configs
>       [copy] Copying 15 files to /Users/zhijieguan/kepler/build/configs
>       [copy] Copying 1 file to /Users/zhijieguan/kepler/build/configs
>      [mkdir] Created dir: /Users/zhijieguan/kepler/build/configs/kepler
>       [copy] Copying 1 file to /Users/zhijieguan/kepler/build/configs
>       [copy] Copying 228 files to
> /Users/zhijieguan/kepler/build/configs/ptolemy/configs/kepler/workflows
>       [copy] Copying 19 files to /Users/zhijieguan/kepler/build/src
>       [copy] Copied 18 empty directories to 2 empty directories under
> /Users/zhijieguan/kepler/build/src
>       [copy] Copying 1 file to /Users/zhijieguan/kepler
>      [mkdir] Created dir: /Users/zhijieguan/kepler/build/tmp
>
> checkForJ1_4:
>       [echo] true
>
> J1_4_Only:
> [...]

Matthew Brooke, Ph.D.
Marine Sciences Research Building, Room #3407
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA  93106-6150
ph: (805) 893-7108   fx: 805-893-8062

brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu