[kepler-dev] Q: What's proper functionality in Digir Quick Search aggregation.

Kevin Ruland kruland at ku.edu
Tue Nov 22 07:50:29 PST 2005

Hi.

When I do a Quick Search from the Ecogrid Digir service for the term
'mephitis', the quick search where clause is "Scientific name LIKE
mephitis".  The results are aggregated by Scientific Name and there are
different little folders for each Scientific Name.  The first few on my
screen are:

mephitis
mephitis macroura
mephitis macroura macroura
mephitis macroura milleri

etc.

Now, if I drag, say "mephitis macroura" onto the canvas,  a dataset is
created.  The way it works now is it requeries using the where clause
"Scientific Name LIKE mephitis macroura".  This means that the resulting
dataset includes all the results which match the following:  "mephitis
macroura", "mephitis macroura macroura", and "mephitis macroura milleri".

Is this what is expceted?  Or does the user expect the folder to contain
only those records which EQUAL "mephitis macroura"?

Thanks

Kevin